What are the different service lines like?
24 responses
Ozan U. asked a question to EY
Category: Team Info
Date asked: Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Last update: Thursday, January 16, 2020
Jakub K.
Different service lines focus on different kind of jobs - if you can precise which one you think of, I may be able to help?
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Ozan U.
Tax?
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Andrew X.
Hi Ozan, tax as a service line is still massively varied with multiple different focuses. It can range from like compliance pieces which are more computational, receiving and processing data from clients whether it is for specific tax regimes or corporation tax to advisory pieces which can be so varied it is difficult to explain.
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Ozan U.
Hey Andrew
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Ozan U.
Hey Andrew, right, sounds quite interesting. Thanks for taking your time to answer my question. What about transactions advisory?
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Pratyush U.
Hi Ozan - I work in Transactions Advisory Services
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Ozan U.
Hey, what is the day to day life like?
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Pratyush U.
My day to day life would be different, based on what projects I would be on etc. So within Transactions, there are multiple Sub-Service Lines (SSLs), and I work specifically in Restructuring. Working in Restructuring can involve working with a range of companies, who are either solvent or insolvent. We would typically work with Solvent companies, on Financial Advisory cases, where we would be advising, companies/banks/bond holders or other lenders. We would also work on insolvent companies and work on Administrations of companies, some of which can be quite high profile. So in summary the work ranges based on the project I will be on, but the work is interesting and challenging.
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Ozan U.
Wow sounds exciting, could you give me an example of a project you worked on? Or the type of projects? What are they like?
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Pratyush U.
A project I worked on, was an Administration, where EY was the Administrator of a Telecommunications company which has been going on for some time due to complex cross border issues. Some of the roles I had to do, involved International travel, I would be using Excel to different data and present my findings to my team. We would be working to ensure creditors get as high of a return as possible.
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Ozan U.
Thank you sounds really interesting. What about Peoples Advisory?
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Ozan U.
What about Peoples Advisory?
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.