Possibility of changing business area after internship due to application deadline having passed for preferred area?
1 response
Additional information
I am very keen to do business consulting at EY and undertake the graduate scheme starting in 2023, however the application deadline for the consulting internship for summer 2022 has already passed. The internship applications for assurance however are still open, which is another area I have interest in (be it not so much as consultancy), so I'm considering applying for that instead in order to get key experience of working at EY. However, I am conscious that I might then be stuck in assurance and have to do that graduate scheme rather than a business consulting one, as I have read in other responses to questions on here how you prefer students not to change business area. Hence, would it be better for me to just wait until next year to apply to EY and apply straight to the business consulting graduate scheme (for 2023 start)? Or would it still be worth me applying to the assurance internship (summer 2022) now to gain experience, and then trying to switch business area to the business consulting graduate scheme (2023 start) afterwards? (sorry for the long question, thanks in advance!)
Mik B. asked a question to Consulting
Category: Application process
Date asked: Monday, January 3, 2022
Last reviewed: Monday, February 7, 2022
Molly H.
Hi Mik. A successful internship will be seen as a positive in the application process next year, even if its in a different department. There will be transferable skills to consulting and you may decide to stick with audit after the internship. Additionally, applying for the internship will give you experience of the application process for next year. Good luck!
Monday, February 7, 2022
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.
Did you find this discussion helpful?